How many times have we thought rice is a blessing? We use it for holy purposes but we also can pressure up a quick pulao or khichdi when hunger pangs are drumming away! This is one grain that is about 98% percent digestible. In India we are familiar with Basmati, Patna or brown rice but it is also available as Italian Rice and Glutinous Rice which is popular in Chinese and Japanese cuisines.
Prep Time : 8-10 hour
Cook time : 16-20 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Spicy
Ingredients for Chana Masala Rice Recipe
Cooked rice 2 cups
Black Bengal gram (kala chana) 2 cups
Ghee 2 tablespoons
Cinnamon 1 inch stick
Black peppercorns 4-5
Caraway seeds (shahi jeera) 1 teaspoon
Bay leaf 1
Garlic finely chopped 2 tablespoons
Ginger finely chopped 2 tablespoons
Green chillies finely chopped 2-3
Onions finely chopped 2 medium
Tomatoes finely chopped 2 medium
Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
chana masala powder 1 tablespoon
Black gram stock 1 cup
Salt to taste
Dried mango powder 1 teaspoon
coriander leaves for garnishing
Heat ghee in a non-stick wok, add cinnamon, peppercorns, caraway seeds and bay leaf and cook for a minute.
Add garlic, ginger and chillies and sauté till lightly browned.
Add onions and sauté till brown. Add tomatoes and sauté further for 3-4 minutes. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and chana masala powder and mix well.
Add black gram and mix well. Add stock and mix well. Cook for a minute. Add rice and mix well. Add salt and dried mango powder and mix well.
How to make Butter Chicken Biryani Rich andYummy ! How to make Butter Chicken Biryani - Rich and tasty – this chicken biryani Punjabi food is wholesome and full of rustic flavour. The custom of cooking in community ovens or tandoors prevails in rural pockets even today. The cuisine is characterised by a profusion of dairy products in the form of malai, paneer and dahi. The dals are a speciality of this type of cuisine, made of whole pulses like black gram, green gram and Bengal gram.
- Palak Paneer Recipe Card
- Chicken Lollipop Recipe Card
- Hydrebadi Food
- Vrat Ka Khana
- How to make Dry Chilli Chicken
- How to make Moroccan Chicken With Lentils - Chicken
- Recipe for Little Ones
- How to make Chana Masala Rice - Kala chana and rice
- How to make Chicken Stroganoff - Chicken cooked in creamy tomato sauce flavored with mushrooms
- 6 tasty winter salads you can make at home
- How to make Egg Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian - Make these Chinese delicacies at home and enjoy with your entire family.
- TopTen Mutton Curries of India
- How to make Tariwali Egg Curry
- How to make Cheesy Seekh Kabab
- Mutton Jalfrezi Recipe Card