What’s a biryani without some succulent pieces of mutton wrapped in a perfect blend of aromatic spices and herbs!? Yes, though other meats being more common, biryani eaters all over the world can easily swear by mutton. And not just biryanis, curries, bakes and all other preparations with this wonderful meat are always special. Did you know, unlike other dishes, a day-old mutton prep will always be all the more tastier on the palate! Try it the next time you plan on to take on this meat.
Prep Time : 16-20 minutes
Cook time : 31-40 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Spicy
Ingredients for Mutton Jalfrezi Recipe
Boneless mutton cut into cubes 500 grams
Salt to taste
Cinnamon 1 inch
Green cardamoms 4
Oil 3 tablespoons
Onion sliced 1 medium
Yogurt 1/2 cup
Garlic minced 1 tablespoon
Green chillies roughly chopped 4-5
Onion diced 1 medium
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder 1 tablespoon
Green capsicum diced 1 medium
Tomato diced 1 medium
Ginger juliennes 1 inch
coriander leaves Finely chopped for garnis
Put mutton in a bowl, add salt, some cinnamon, cardamoms and cloves. Rub them over the meat.
Put in a pressure cooker along with 2 cups water and pressure cook till half done.
Heat one tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan, add remaining spices and sliced onion and sauté till brown. Cool and grind with yogurt to smooth paste.
Heat remaining oil in a another non-stick pan, add garlic, chillies and diced onion and sauté for a minute. Add ground paste and add mutton and cook for 5 minutes.
Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and coriander powder and mix well.
Add capsicum and tomato, ginger juliennes and mix well. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
TopTen Mutton Curries of India TopTen Mutton Curries of India Chops are easily one of the best cuts of mutton and when it is cooked in this spicy Punjabi style kadai masala it just gets better. Mutton chops slow cooked with onions, tomatoes and select spices till the meat slides off the bone. Simple tandoori rotis taste great with this.
- How to make Tariwali Egg Curry
- How to make Cheesy Seekh Kabab
- Mutton Jalfrezi Recipe Card
- How to make Mutton Ghee Roast
- Mixed Greens Salad with Orange and Poppy Seed Dres Recipe Card
- Chicken Coriander and Corn Soup Recipe Card
- 5 soups to brighten a rainy day
- How to make Agri Mutton
- Recipe for Little Ones
- How to make Cheesy Seekh Kabab - Cheese mixed with chicken mince and masalas, wrapped around satay sticks and grilled
- 10 tips and tricks to upgrade your cheesecake game
- Strawberry Detox Water Recipe Card
- How to make Butter Chicken Biryani Rich andYummy !
- How to make Dry Chilli Chicken
- How to make Thai Noodle Soup