Kia Motors has started the mass production of Seltos at its manufacturing facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. The compact SUV has gone into production after being tested for over 20 lakh kilometers across the country. The first production version of Seltos was rolled out on August 8. The compact SUV will be launched here on August 22.
All the three engines will come with a standard 6-speed manual gearbox. So far as automatic options are concerned, the 1.4-litre Turbo GDI petrol will have 7-speed DCT, the 1.5-litre petrol will feature IVT and the 1.5-litre VGT diesel will be offered with 6-speed AT.
The dual-tone options will include Intense Red with Aurora Black Pearl, Steel Silver with Aurora Black Pearl, Glacier White Pearl with Aurora Black Pearl, Steel Silver with punchy Orange and Glacier White Pearl with Punchy Orange.
Automakers offer discounts of up to Rs.1 lakh to take off Reportedly with only five months to go for new emission norms to kick in, automakers have started the drive to launch BS-VI petrol vehicles. However, BS-VI variants seem to move slower with customers preferring BS-IV variant products in the current festival season. Auto companies have been doling out a number of offers to reduce their BS-IV inventories with some offering discounts up to ₹1 lakh on certain products in their portfolio.
- Maruti Suzuki India is providing offers up to Rs 96,100 on Vitara Brezza
- Skoda Octavia's next generation sketches revealing
- Urbanite brand to be a new division under Bajaj Auto & will spawn electric scooters
- After RTC, cabs to go on strike
- Actor Rajkummar Rao brought home Harley-Davidson Fat Bob, priced from Rs. 14.69 lakh
- Auto sector continues to be on slide due to low consumer demand
- Jawa 90th Anniversary Edition launched in India at Rs.1.73 Lakhs
- Mercedes-Benz delivered over 200 cars on the occasion of Dussehra and Navratri
- 8000 Indians only need Electric Cars
- Priced between Rs. 15 and Rs. 17 lakh, Nexon EV will be launched in FY 2020
- Maruti Suzuki S- Presso launched in India
- MG Hector is open for bookings once again for a limited period
- Benelli India has started pre-booking of the retro-classic Imperiale 400
- Maruti Suzuki anticipates Sales to exceed in September
- Scooters India developed five prototypes of EVs but it is yet to get regulatory clearance for them