A study commissioned by global environment charity WWF recently said that humans may be ingesting five grams of plastic every week which is the equivalent of eating a credit card. The alarming results of the study highlights the extent to which plastic pollution is spread, while also calling for the urgent need to address the problem.
He adds that used in a number of items such a shampoos, hair sprays, food and drink containers, polythene bags, linings of bags, shampoos, and other everyday items, “they have the potential to disturb and upset the endocrine system, the metabolic functioning, kidneys and cause extensive damage and diseases such as diabetes and cancer.”
While the study mentions water, both bottled and tap, as the largest source of plastic ingestion, it says that shellfish, which accounts for as much as 0.5 grams a week, is also a major source. “This comes from the fact that shellfish are eaten whole, including their digestive system, after a life in plastic polluted seas,” the report says.
Aishwaryaa R. Dhanush invests to back Indian yoga and wellness startup After popular names like Jennifer Lopez and Shahid Kapoor, superstar Rajinikanth's daughter and director Aishwaryaa R. Dhanush is the latest celebrity investor to back SARVA, an Indian yoga and wellness startup. She will also be helping in the growth of Diva Yoga in South India alongside Malaika Arora and Sarvesh Shashi. Aishwaryaa said: "Our modern lifestyle is a cesspool of illnesses
- Avoid these Foods this Monsoon
- Jacqueline Fernandez gives some Skin Care tips
- Few things you must keep in mind before following a vegan diet
- Japanese Matcha tea found to have various health benefits
- Quitting alcohol boosts your body health
- New study suggests running on a treadmill help make period pain more manageable
- Medical selfies boosts patients
- Warning for egg lovers
- Majority of Mothers in India demands a reduction in school fees
- Sheena at Shanghai International Film Festival for her movie 'Ant Story'
- Shilpa Shetty shared her personal story about how she has rehabilitated
- Apps & online platforms to help yoga enthusiasts boost their health
- International Yoga Day on June 21, celebrities who practice yoga daily
- Will Personal care products be life threatening for kids?
- Study revealed average person is consuming about 2,000 tiny pieces of plastic every week