Researchers have found that regular tea drinkers have better organized brain regions and this is associated with healthy cognitive function as compared to non-tea drinkers.
"Our results offer the first evidence of positive contribution of tea drinking to brain structure, and suggest that drinking tea regularly has a protective effect against age related decline in brain organization," according to a study authored by Feng Lei, Assistant Professor from the National University of singapore.
Previous researchers have demonstrated that tea intake is beneficial to human health and the positive effects include mood improvement and cardiovascular disease prevention. For the study published in the journal Aging, the research team recruited 36 adults aged 60 and above and gathered data about their health, lifestyle and psychological well-being. individuals who consumed either green tea, oolong tea, or black tea at least four times a week for about 25 years had brain regions that were interconnected in a more efficient way.
Will Instant noodle affect Asian kids? A diet heavy on cheap, modern food like instant noodles that fills bellies but lacks key nutrients has left millions of children unhealthily thin or overweight in Southeast Asia, experts say. The Philippines, Indonesia, and Malaysia have booming economies and rising standards of living, yet many working parents do not have the time, money or awareness to steer clear of food hurting their kids.
- Researchers invented a new technique in genomics to track down causes of rare genetic diseases
- People who smoke will have lung damage
- Tomatoes provided better healthy to your heart
- Studies shown dog ownership alleviates social isolation and even lowers BP
- Ability of kidney to maintain water balance is vital to our health
- Fathers drinking 3 months before conception increases risk of congenital heart disease in babies
- A growing body research identified smart phone dependency and symptoms of depression and loneliness
- Amy Jackson shares photo of her son Andreas
- Its time to pay more attention to what you eat during exams
- Deal with menopausal symptoms, here are few natural remedies
- September rains breaks 100 year old record in Telangana
- Women are quicker to take cover or prepare to evacuate during an emergency
- Donot want to take the bus Next time, rent a two-wheeler instead
- More heavy rains to batter state of Telangana : IMD
- People get together to clean city beaches