Reportedly the Karnataka government on Tuesday partially accepted the terms set in the Raghavendra Auradkar Committee report, which recommended pay hikes and promotions for police staff. Earlier in 2016, a committee headed by Raghavendra Auradkar, the then ADGP (Recruitment and Training), had recommended a hike in salary for police personnel. Furthermore the report was prepared after police officials threatened to go on strike over lack of pay.
Apparently the full report was not accepted by the state government, with personnel of the ranks of Police Sub-Inspector (PSI), Deputy Superintendent of Police (DySP) and Class V employees being excluded from the government order issued on Tuesday. Further the state government also stopped short of recommending an increase in salary of 30% as recommended by the report, and instead approved an increase of 12.5%.
Moreover the lower rung of the police force, particularly constables and head constables, will be boosted as the wage hikes for these categories were as per the recommendations of the report. Reportedly the committee compared pay scales of police officials in 10 states Punjab, kerala, Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Tamilnadu, Telangana, delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra and West Bengal - and found that Karnataka ranked 8th and it recommended a 30% hike in basic pay and liberal increase in the perks for non-IPS personnel. Moreover the report also recommended that police officials be given allowances for fitness and uniform and a risk allowance of Rs. 2,500 for continuous duty extending beyond two days.
President Trump likely to hear from PM Modi about plans for human rights in Kashmir Reportedly the Unites States said India’s decision on Article 370 for the state of Jammu and Kashmir is an internal matter but has regional implications and President Donald Trump expects to hear from PM Narendra Modi when they meet on the margins of the upcoming G-7 meetings what he plans to do to reduce
- What is the reality behind owning a home in Kashmir valley?
- Do you know where Worlds most unhealthy food from is?
- Jet Airways may go into liquidation
- P Chidambaram sent to 4 Days CBI custody
- Amazon plans to take on Swiggy & Zomato
- Will there be connectivity between Bengaluru Airport and Suburban Rail?
- A video showed man calmly walking over to SpiceJet plane and inspect it
- Has anyone spotted Prabhas & Anushka these 2 years anywhere?
- Closed door consultations on Kashmir by UN Security Council
- Paytm looking to increase user engagement on the app
- Who is the culprit behind sending Industrial Chemicals to KCR, KTR & others in Hyderabad?
- Do Pawan Kalyan has idea of merging Janasena with any other Parties?
- From September 1 RBI allows e-mandates for recurring transactions
- Single use plastics be banned by Indian Railways from October 2
- Southern Railways plans to suspend Housekeeping Services in 86 Trains