Accordingly if you thought actor rahul BOSE' target='_blank' title='click here to read more about rahul BOSE'>rahul bose was charge exorbitantly for two bananas in a Chandigarh hotel last month, think again. Meanwhile a Twitter user, named Kartik Dhar recently posted a picture of his bill, in which he was charged Rs 1,700 for two boiled eggs in Four Seasons hotel in mumbai. Additionally, the user was charged Rs 850 for an omelette. Furthermore the user, who is an author of All The Queen's Men, captioned the picture, "2 eggs for Rs 1,700 at Four Seasons. rahul BOSE' target='_blank' title='click here to read more about rahul BOSE'>rahul bose Bhai Andolan Kare?"
Reportedly the hotel is yet to issue a statement on this matter, and last month actor rahul BOSE' target='_blank' title='click here to read more about rahul BOSE'>rahul bose tweeted a video in which he highlighted how Chandigarh's JW Marriott Hotel charged him Rs 442, including GST, for two bananas. Bose tweeted "You have to see this to believe it. Who said fruit wasn't harmful to your existence? Ask the wonderful folks at JW Marriott”. Further after this, the Federation of Hotel and Restaurant Association of india (FHRAI) issued a statement saying that 18 per cent GST on bananas was a legal requirement for the hotel.
Moreover tax experts said the brouhaha over 18% GST on fresh fruit is unnecessary and the hotel was right in charging the tax. Perhaps the Chandigarh Excise and Taxation Department had served a show-cause notice to the hotel and slapped a Rs 25,000 penalty for levying GST on the two bananas, violating the provisions of its HSN/Chapter 803.
Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival Hyderabad sources reported that Hyderabad City Police Commissioner Anjani Kumar warned anti-social elements of taking advantage of the upcoming Ganesh Chathurthi celebrations and indulge in extortion. Meanwhile he said such anti-social elements will be firmly dealt with under law. Ganesh Chathurthi festivities will commence in the twin cities on September 2 and go on till September 12.
- What did Saudi Crown Prince spoke to Imran Khan about Kashmir issue?
- Priyanka Gandhi speaks up in support of Chidambaram
- Vietnamese Bikini Airline comes to India from December - Ticket prices from Rs.9
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- Chidambaram's anticipatory bail to be reviewed by SC on Friday
- School prank turned tragic in AP
- Usha Financial Services accelerating 25 fintechs in India to boost digital lending
- SC Judge refers Chidambaram case to CJI - No relief to Chidambaram!
- Why Pawan investing Crores in a Bungalow than on something?
- Kerala Doctors warns people of Fungal Infections after floods
- Facebook and Twitter shuts state backed Chinese accounts
- Chidambaram faces prosecution on Indrani and Peter Statements
- Ola hits milestone of 10,000 destinations last weekend with an interesting customer report
- GAIL plans for expansion of Pipelines & City Gas Network
- 1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps