Reportedly the boy from Raichur in Karnataka seen guiding an ambulance across a waterlogged road in a widely shared video, has been felicitated by the district administration during Independence Day celebrations and he has also been recommended for a bravery award for his act. Furthermore the boy in the video was 12 year old venkatesh, a Class VI student in Government Primary School at Hirerayanakumpe village of Raichur district.
Meanwhile a newspaper had reported this after tracing the boy to a rehabilitation centre at Shavantgera in Raichur. When taking note of the boy's heroics, IAS officer P Manivannan, Secretary, Labour Department, has now recommended the women and Child Development Department to give him a bravery award for his act. The letter by P Manivannan reads "I am of the opinion that the above young student is entitled to be encouraged and honored for his act of bravery and wish to recommend for considering and including his name in the list of bravery awards in this year. I hope my recommendation will be weighed favorably".
Moreover venkatesh was playing with a group of friends when Manju, a driver with prasanna Ambulance Services asked the group of boys to guide him across a waterlogged road. Perhaps venkatesh volunteered and a video of him wading through the water in front of the ambulance was shared widely last week. Hence it was shown in the news and also shared on social media, where users called for the boy to be given a bravery award.
Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival Hyderabad sources reported that Hyderabad City Police Commissioner Anjani Kumar warned anti-social elements of taking advantage of the upcoming Ganesh Chathurthi celebrations and indulge in extortion. Meanwhile he said such anti-social elements will be firmly dealt with under law. Ganesh Chathurthi festivities will commence in the twin cities on September 2 and go on till September 12.
- What did Saudi Crown Prince spoke to Imran Khan about Kashmir issue?
- Priyanka Gandhi speaks up in support of Chidambaram
- Vietnamese Bikini Airline comes to India from December - Ticket prices from Rs.9
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- Chidambaram's anticipatory bail to be reviewed by SC on Friday
- School prank turned tragic in AP
- Usha Financial Services accelerating 25 fintechs in India to boost digital lending
- SC Judge refers Chidambaram case to CJI - No relief to Chidambaram!
- Kerala Doctors warns people of Fungal Infections after floods
- Why Pawan investing Crores in a Bungalow than on something?
- Facebook and Twitter shuts state backed Chinese accounts
- Chidambaram faces prosecution on Indrani and Peter Statements
- Ola hits milestone of 10,000 destinations last weekend with an interesting customer report
- GAIL plans for expansion of Pipelines & City Gas Network
- 1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps