According to sources the Indian Railways has decided to enforce a ban on single-use plastic materials on its premises, including trains, with effect from October 2, 2019. Meanwhile while directing the authorities to expedite installation of 1,853 plastic water bottle crushing machines at 360 major stations in the first phase, the Railway Board asked Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Development Corporation (IRCTC) to implement return of plastic drinking bottles as part of Extended Producer Responsibility.
Furthermore General Managers of Zonal Railways and Production Units were told to encourage all railway vendors to avoid use of plastic carry bags. Reportedly railway employees were also advised to reduce, reuse and refuse plastic products and to use inexpensive reusable bags to reduce plastic footprint. Furthermore a Railway Board communication said that Indian Railways was identified as a “Waste Generator” and had to take adequate preventive measures to follow Plastic Waste Management rules.
Moreover accordingly steps should be taken to minimize generation of plastic waste and for its eco-friendly disposal. Perhaps going by the rules, single-use plastics shall not be less than 50 microns, except where the thickness of such plastic sheets impairs the functionality of the product.
Bathukamma saree distribution starts in Telangana The flagship scheme of distributing sarees on bathukamma festival is initiative of KCR to gift sarees to the women of Telangana, as well as to strengthen financial condition of weavers.IT and textile minister KT Rama rao said that, by ordering one crore sarees for distribution on bathukamma festival has strengthened the financial condition of weavers in the state. He also said,government is mulling on idea of placing order for uniforms of singereni collieries and TSRTC to weavers, so that their
- Man fell in open storm water drain in Hyderabad
- Why Jagan has worried on EENADU story?
- PM Narendra Modi this gesture surprised many
- Phone Booths restored in Kashmir
- Ex-Officials slams Sivan as ISRO Changes success rates of Chandrayaan 2 everyday
- 71st Emmy Awards saw numerous nods to stars from across the pond
- Will 5G bring better experiences for smart phone users in future?
- Thomas Cook Company moves to compulsory liquidation with immediate effect
- Will banner culture be eliminated in Tamilnadu after death of Subhasri?
- Traffic fines reduced as per MV Act by Karnataka Govt
- Will Chennai get a new airport due to heavy Air Traffic?
- വിദേശ രാജ്യങ്ങളിൽ പ്രധാനമന്ത്രി നരേന്ദ്രമോദി ബഹുമാനം അർഹിക്കുന്നു: ശശി തരൂർ
- Will Corporate tax rate cut likely to attract Foreign firms to India?
- Countdown Begins to Demolish Chandrababu's House
- Vizag MLAs gave clear SAND picture to Vijayasai Reddy!