According to sources the Indian Railways has decided to enforce a ban on single-use plastic materials on its premises, including trains, with effect from October 2, 2019. Meanwhile while directing the authorities to expedite installation of 1,853 plastic water bottle crushing machines at 360 major stations in the first phase, the Railway Board asked Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Development Corporation (IRCTC) to implement return of plastic drinking bottles as part of Extended Producer Responsibility.
Furthermore General Managers of Zonal Railways and Production Units were told to encourage all railway vendors to avoid use of plastic carry bags. Reportedly railway employees were also advised to reduce, reuse and refuse plastic products and to use inexpensive reusable bags to reduce plastic footprint. Furthermore a Railway Board communication said that Indian Railways was identified as a “Waste Generator” and had to take adequate preventive measures to follow Plastic Waste Management rules.
Moreover accordingly steps should be taken to minimize generation of plastic waste and for its eco-friendly disposal. Perhaps going by the rules, single-use plastics shall not be less than 50 microns, except where the thickness of such plastic sheets impairs the functionality of the product.
Aggressive in CBN era, helpless now in Jagan ruling! Issue of Agrigold becomes hereditary to CBN when state was divided along with revenue deficit as Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh in 2014. There were many people invested in Agrigold for getting higher interest in Telugu States.
- Center changes rule for Bank Exams to be in Regional languages
- TDP-YSRCP rivalry is the reason behind SVU Inhumane Attack?
- TDP Senior Leader Likely To Be Arrested?
- CM Jagan Responds To A Letter of A Fourth Class Student
- Has SVUniversity attacked physically handicapped ?
- What actually happened inside Sri Venkateswara University?
- After such an inhumane incident, Is SVU really a good place for Children?
- The credibility of SVU incharge registrar under threat?
- A Physically Challenged Person tormented badly in Sri Venkateswara University?
- Gold Prices falls Rs. 74 at Billion Market
- YSR Congress Still Enjoying Cordial Relations with BJP in Delhi?
- Is Swami Chinmayananad ready for SIT questioning?
- PM Modi makes his visit to US from September 21 to 27
- HC orders for ex-gratia of Rs.5 Lakh to family of Subhashree
- Is Jet Airways insolvency case moving in positive direction?