Reportedly as part of a team that recently conducted a needs assessment in four flood ravaged districts of kerala, we were at Kuddukari village of Ramanagiri Panchayat of Alleppey district where we met Saritha. Meanwhile she showed us an interesting water filter an aluminum pot with a sponge, from an old bed, at its base and for most people, this is interesting community based knowledge; but few will understand Saritha’s plight who has to fill the pot many times a day to be able to provide clean, filtered water to her family in the aftermath of the floods.
Reportedly communities in kerala have always followed the age-old practice of boiling their drinking water. Perhaps this one practice saved them from a massive diarrhea outbreak. When speaking to women, it was evident that while it saved lives, their workload had doubled in the aftermath of the floods. Presently they were boiling water not only for drinking purposes but also for washing utensils.
Moreover many humanitarian agencies known for WASH (Water, Sanitation, and health) interventions now reflect a gender sensitive approach. Perhaps menstrual hygiene, collapse of sanitation facilities, and lack of private spaces has come into the spotlight as a result of years of gender sensitive disaster management trainings and eventually, programs.
P Chidambaram's judicial custody extended till October 3 in INX Media Case New Delhi sources stated that the judicial custody of former finance minister P Chidambaram in the INX Media case has been extended till October 3 by Supreme Court on Thursday. Meanwhile the Congress leader’s lawyer Kapil Sibal also sought regular medical examination of his client to which Solicitor General Tushar Mehta said, “Whatever
- I did not impose Hindi on regional languages: Amit Shah
- Who offers more for Rs 700 monthly? BSNL or Airtel V-Fiber or JioFiber
- Modi-Trump meeting at Houston hints at some announcement
- TN Education Department confirmed that Classes 5, 8 students will have Board exams this Academic year
- Can CM Jagan Tame Government Doctors?
- High Court Notices for JC Diwakar Reddy on Illegal Mining
- Owner of Capsized Boat in Godavari is a Janasena Leader
- Sister State Partnership agreement signed between Telangana & New Jersey
- Heads of Public Sector Banks to meet Finance Minister today
- 4 New Judges appointed for Supreme Court
- A decomposed body of an unidentified person found in Nagarjuna's Farm House
- Pakistan disallows to use its airspace for PM Modi
- Delhi Court put up Unnao rape case for further hearing on September 24
- Kodela Siva Prasad's last rites held without state honors
- AP boat tragedy death toll rises to 34