Reportedly “How many more litres of blood do you want to paint the roads with?” These were the observations made by the Madras High Court a day after 23 year old Chennai techie Subhasri was run over by a tanker after an illegal AIADMK hoarding fell on her. Meanwhile the High Court lashed out at the Tamilnadu government for failing to implement its orders on erecting hoardings, stating it was tired of passing multiple orders against illegal hoardings and banners.
Furthermore the division bench comprising Justice Seshasayee and Justice Sathyanarayanan was hearing a petition filed by activist ‘Traffic’ KR Ramaswamy over the Tamilnadu government’s failure to check illegal hoardings despite a court order banning them. Slamming the government, the HC said, “The authorities have not followed the court’s orders pertaining to the banners. Even after multiple warnings, nothing has been implemented. We cannot do the government’s job.”
Moreover with Subhasri being only the latest victim of these illegal hoardings that have turned death traps, the judges asked, “Is this the value that the life of a citizen has in this country? Why are bureaucrats so insensitive? These flex boards don't come up overnight.” Apparently pulling up CM Edappaadi Palaniswami, the court directed him to make a statement to his party cadre to not put up such illegal hoardings. “It must be the state's resolve to prevent illegal flex boards”.
Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president? Reportedly former India captain Sourav Ganguly, who is set to take charge as the head of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), on Tuesday spoke about his meeting with BJP President Amit Shah a day before he emerged as the lone contender in the race to be BCCI president. Meanwhile after Ganguly met Shah, the rumors of the former India cricketer joining the ruling party in India started doing the rounds.
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17
- VHP hoping for decision in their favour after SC concludes hearing
- SC reserves order, to conduct close door proceedings on mediation panel report
- House of Representatives doesn't plan to vote an impeachment investigation into President Donald Trump
- Flipkart is in the process of applying for food retail license in India
- 3 died in PMC Bank scam case within 2 days
- Arvind Kejriwal can revive only if he secures around 60 seats, in upcoming Delhi election
- Rojo the first to complaint against Jolly in Koodathayi murders