Reportedly the father of a law student, who accused BJP leader Swami Chinmayanand of raping her, on Sunday termed the leakage of the video footage given to the SIT by his daughter, as a "conspiracy" and said he would request the Supreme Court to order a probe into it. He said "From where have the screenshots and videos come to the social media? The screenshots have been posted even on various social media platforms. These were given to the SIT by my daughter. This is a conspiracy".
Reports added Swami Omji, a self-styled Godman, on Sunday came out in support of Chinmayanand. Omji said "If any false case is registered against Chinamayanand, then crores of Hindus will hit the streets throughout the country and rise in rebellion," who was also a contestant in reality TV show Bigg Boss.
He said "The UP government must not register any case of rape against Chinmayanand and if it has been lodged, it must be withdrawn". Moreover Omji claimed the girl student had met Congress president sonia gandhi and party leaders rahul Gandhi and priyanka Gandhi Vadra in delhi and it was at their behest that a zero FIR was lodged against Chinmayanand. Perhaps the law student had on Saturday given a pen drive containing 43 videos to the SIT to support her allegations after the sleuths asked her to submit whatever evidence she had against the former Union minister.
Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing The mediation panel informed about one of the petitioner Sunni Waqf board seeking withdrawal of title suit, this move came after possible rift among members and FIR filed against its chairman. The Uttar Pradesh government is recommending to initiate a CBI inquiry against Sunni Waqf board chairman ZA Faruqi's alleged involvement in sale and purchase of land for board. He was provided security in view of threat to his life which he informed to Mediation committee, he allegedly change the advo
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17
- VHP hoping for decision in their favour after SC concludes hearing
- SC reserves order, to conduct close door proceedings on mediation panel report
- House of Representatives doesn't plan to vote an impeachment investigation into President Donald Trump
- Flipkart is in the process of applying for food retail license in India
- 3 died in PMC Bank scam case within 2 days
- Arvind Kejriwal can revive only if he secures around 60 seats, in upcoming Delhi election
- Rojo the first to complaint against Jolly in Koodathayi murders
- Telangana Governor met PM Modi to discuss RTC Strike issue
- ED arrested P Chidambaram in INX Media Case
- SC concludes hearing in Ayodhya land dispute case
- Giving all public sector banks a "lifeline" is today her primary duty: Nirmala Sitharaman
- PM Modi called opposition parties 'shameless' during campaigning for Maharashtra Assembly polls
- Did YSRCP Government failed to prove insider-trading allegations in Amravati?